State and local taxation, including property tax, sales and use tax, net proceeds of mines tax and real property transfer tax.
Mr. Bancroft provides advice and representation to clients on the application of taxes imposed by Nevada and its local governments. He advises clients on the tax treatment of proposed developments and transactions. He represents clients in tax audits, administrative appeals and in litigation seeking a review of agency action. He regularly represents property owners before the county and state boards of equalization and the Nevada Tax Commission. Mr. Bancroft also assists clients in shaping Nevada’s tax laws through legislation and the regulatory rulemaking process that implements legislation.
Mr. Bancroft has been designated by American Property Tax Counsel as the professional representative for the state of Nevada. He also has an AV rating in the Martindale-Hubbell directory.
· Bancroft, P.D., Nevada Property Tax, in J. McNaught (ed.), Property Tax Deskbook 17th Edition 2012 (pp. 29-1 to 29-11). Washington D.C.: American Bar Association.
· Bancroft, P.D. and John, D.S., Nevada Sales & Use Tax, in D.M. Young and R. Mahon (eds.), Sales and Use Tax Deskbook 2011-12 25th Edition, Vol. 2 (pp. 29-1 to 29-18). Washington, D.C.: American Bar Association.
· Bancroft, P.D. (November, 2010), Why Las Vegas Property Tax Assessments Will Exceed Market Value. National Real Estate Investor – Online.
· Bancroft, P.D. (October, 2008), Valuation Without Reliance on Market Value: The Nevada Experiment In Valuation Through Methodology. In IPT Property Tax Report, October, 2008 Edition. Institute for Professionals in Taxation.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
· Member, State Bar of Nevada
· Member, State Bar of California
· Member, American Bar Association
· Georgetown University, LL.M., Taxation, 1986
· University of San Francisco, J.D., with honors, 1981 - Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award for Secured Interests in Personal Property