Environmental Law, Renewable Energy, NEPA and Litigation
Linda Bullen is a shareholder and trial attorney in Lionel Sawyer & Collins' Litigation Department. Ms. Bullen's practice includes environmental law as an emphasis, with more than twenty years of experience in that practice area. She began her environmental law practice with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as Assistant Regional Counsel, Region V, Chicago 1986-1988 and in the Chicago-based international law firm of McDermott, Will & Emery from 1988-1994. Ms. Bullen was the Assistant Attorney General in Minnesota from 1994-1997, where she prosecuted environmental crimes and counseled the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources and the Minnesota Department of Transportation. She advises the firm's clients on complex state and federal environmental matters specializing in hazardous waste, water, air, renewable energy, federal land use and NEPA issues. Ms. Bullen's practice encompasses regulatory counseling, permitting, and litigation.
Ms. Bullen is a frequent writer and speaker on environmental issues. She is listed in Mountain States Super Lawyers, and Best Lawyers in America and is top-ranked in Chambers USA for Environmental Law. She also has an AV rating in the Martindale-Hubbell directory.
Ms. Bullen holds the distinction of being the first Nevada attorney to be invited to join the American College of Environmental Lawyers (ACOEL). In 2013, she was elected to a three-year term as a member of ACOEL's governing Board of Regents She has also been invited by U.S. Sen. Harry Reid to participate on a Blue Ribbon Panel which will focus on the steps necessary to move Nevada toward a clean energy future.
- Governor, Board of Regents, American College of Environmental Lawyers (ACOEL)
- Past President, Board of Directors, Clark County Bar Association
- Chair, Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section, State Bar of Nevada
- 2014 Super Lawyer - Environmental, Energy & Natural Resources Law
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., 1982
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse, 1978
- State Bar of Nevada, 2001
- State Bar of Illinois, 1989
- State Bar of Wisconsin, 1982